The Connected Educators Book Club is an opportunity to read books about or related to connected learning and online communities, then discuss them with your peers and in some cases the author, through asynchronous (self-paced) dialog (in a Book Club Ning) and through other scheduled activities such as Twitter chats, webinars and more. You’ll also receive weekly emails from the club highlighting the latest book-related discussions and events. JOIN THE BOOK CLUB COMMUNITY HERE
Our first book is, appropriately, The Connected Educator, which compellingly lays out a step-by-step path to using online connected communities to become a connected learner engaged in do-it- yourself professional development. Even if you think you know it all, we promise this book club will be engaging and thought-provoking. You can buy a copy of The Connected Educator: Learning and Leading in a Digital Age here.
The CEM Book Club Community will also feature other books. You can purchase by clicking on the book you want to read for the book club below. Once you purchase your book then Join the Book Club Community and click on the Group that matches your book title.
- The Connected Educator: Learning and Leading in a Digital Age – Sheryl Nussbaum-Beach
- Grounded Designs for Online and Hybrid Learning– Atsusi “2c” Hirumi
- Digital Student Portfolios – Matt Renwick
- Teacher as Architect – Shawn K. Smith, Ann M. Chavez, Garrett W. Seaman
- How to Create a Culture of Achievement in Your School and Classroom– Douglas Fisher, Nancy Frey, and Ian Pumpian
- Connected From the Start: Global Learning in the Primary Grades – Kathy Cassidy
- Building Teachers’ Capacity for Success: A Collaborative Approach for Coaches and School Leaders– Pete Hall and Alisa Simeral
- How to Come Up with Great Ideas and Actually Make Them Happen– Ewan McIntosh
- Key Competencies for the Future– New Zealand Council for Educational Research (Rosemary Hipkins, Rachel Bolstad, Sally Boyd, Sue McDowall)
- Reinventing Project-Based Learning: Your Field Guide to Real-World Projects in the Digital Age Second Edition- Suzie Boss and Jane Krauss
- Digital Citizenship in Schools, 2nd Edition – Mike Ribble
- Make Learning Personal: The What, Who, WOW, Where, Why – Barbara Bray and Kathleen McClaskey
- Personalized Learning: A Guide for Engaging Students with Technology – Peggy Grant and Dale Basye
Even though the book club officially starts October 1, 2014 you can jump in at anytime. Simply make your way to the Book Club NING and join. Check back often as books will be added throughout the month. Here is a welcome video (different than video above) to get you started in the Book Club space.
Giveaways: Win Free Books
- Win a free copy of Building Teachers’ Capacity for Success: A Collaborative Approach for Coaches and School Leaders from ASCD
- Win a free copy of How to Create a Culture of Achievement in Your School and Classroom from ASCD
Want to Lead A Book Club?
We are doing an All Call for organizations, authors or facilitators who would like to add their book to the official Connected Educators Book Club community to let us know. We will help you set up a Book Club Group, get your book added to the list of choices, and start to promote your book here and through our other Connected Educator Month channels. (Newsletter, Blog, Radio) Here is a step by step guide for setting up your book club