This is a recording of (and related links/resources for) a special CEM kickoff online panel about Connected Education and The State of Education Today featuring all of the past and present directors of the US Department of Education’s Office of Education Technology, including John Bailey, Karen Cator, Tim Magner, Susan Patrick, and Linda Roberts, moderated by Geoff Fletcher.
- Watch the main window video (Same as above in a new window)
- Read chat transcript (Recommended to accompany the video)
- Launch full recording in Blackboard Collaborate (Includes video of panelists, main window video, and chat)
- Actual panel starts about 4:30 into the recording.
* Excited, inspired by any of these panelists or their work? Stay in touch or join them in their ongoing efforts to improve education:
- John Bailey is the Executive Director of Digital Learning Now
- Karen Cator is the current Director of the U.S. Department of Education’s Office of Educational Technology
- Tim Magner is the Executive Director of the Partnership for 21st Century Skills
- Susan Patrick is Executive Director of the International Society for K-12 Online Learning (iNACOL), one of the many organizations we’ve been honored to have participate in CEM.
- Linda Roberts’ influence and intellectual DNA is all over the education Internet, including Connected Educators.org, where she has been a key member of our technical working group since day one.
* Interested in more panels like this? There’s a whole collection of them to access on the CEM Kickoff page, and an even bigger (much bigger) fully searchable and browsable collection/calendar of CEM events and activities from 100+ participating organizations on the Connected Educator Month home page.
* Never been part of an online education community or network before? Not sure you have what it takes yet? A great place to get up to speed is CEM’s collection of connected educator starter resources, including a starter kit, our help desk, and more…