- What can educators do themselves to get more support and recognition?
- How should educators’ investment in learning to improve their performance and enrich the profession be supported, incentivized, documented, and recognized?
- What schools and districts are providing model levels of support, and how can their approaches be better disseminated and applied?
- What does the future hold for current informal recognition systems like badges?
- More broadly, how can educators be more fully recognized and rewarded for what they/we contribute to the well-being of society?
- Watch the main window video (Same as above in a new window)
- Read chat transcript (Recommended to accompany the video)
- Launch full recording in Blackboard Collaborate (Includes video of panelists, main window video, and chat)
* Want to continue the discussion, have something you want to say? This session was just the beginning of a month-long forum on Proteacher.net on the same topics that will involve many of the panelists you just saw and more, and culminate with action items for the field. You’re invited to join us and be part of it–click here for access.
* Never been part of a forum before? Not sure you have what it takes yet? A great place to get up to speed is CEM’s collection of connected educator starter resources, including a starter kit, our help desk, and more…
* Interested in more panels like this? There’s a whole collection of them to access on the CEM Kickoff page, and an even bigger (much bigger) fully searchable and browsable collection/calendar of CEM events and activities from 100+ participating organizations on the Connected Educator Month home page.
* And if you were particularly inspired by a particular panelist and want to see more of them at work, check out:
- A Principal’s Reflections — Eric Sheninger’s award-winning blog
- NSTA Learning Center — Home of Al Byers’ ground-breaking badges program
- ConnectedPD — Ruth Rominger’s innovative “community-sourced” professional development program.
- Infographic – Claudette Rasmussen’s empowering integration of professional learning into teacher evaluation.