This is a recording of (and related links/resources for) a CEM kickoff keynote by Chris Lehmann. Lehmann is the Principal at the Science Leadership Academy in Philadelphia, PA; he holds a Bachelor of Arts degree from the University of Pennsylvania in English Literature. Lehmann has received several awards and recognition throughout his career, including the 2012 Lindback Award for Excellence in Principal Leadership in the School District of Philadelphia. He was also honored by the White House for his educational reform initiatives, and was named a ‘Champion of Change,’ in September of 2011. He is a writer, blogger (Practical Theory) and author (What School Leaders Need to Know About Digital Technologies and Social Media) as well as a regular speaker at major education conferences.
- Watch the main window video (Same as above in a new window)
- Read chat transcript (Recommended to accompany the video)
- Launch full recording in Blackboard Collaborate (Includes video of panelists, main window video, and chat)
* Inspired, excited by what Chris has to say? Stay in touch or join him in his ongoing efforts to improve education. A great place to start would be his blog, Practical Theory. And here’s an easy-to-use link to some other presentations he’s done.
* Interested in more events like this? There’s a whole collection of them to access on the CEM Kickoff page, and an even bigger (much bigger) fully searchable and browsable collection/calendar of CEM events and activities from 100+ participating organizations on the Connected Educator Month home page.
* Never been part of an online education community or network before? Not sure you have what it takes yet? A great place to get up to speed is CEM’s collection of connected educator starter resources, including a starter kit, our help desk, and more…